The States of Guernsey and the Islands Safeguarding Children Partnership are once again hosting its Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People, with a half day course on The Role of the Children's Convenor and Child Youth and Community Tribunal.
This course provides an understanding of the role of the Children’s Convenor and Child, Youth and Community Tribunal so that delegates will be better equipped to decide whether or not to refer a child to the Children’s Convenor and to explain to children and families involved in Tribunal proceedings what is happening and what to expect.
Learning objectives include gaining a better understanding of:
- The ethos of the Tribunal System
- The key principles that underpin the Children Law in Guernsey
- The legal framework and decision making
- The role of the Convenor and the Tribunal
- When to make a referral and the process of referral
- To understand where the Convenor and Tribunal sit within the wider system for the protection of children
This is a half-day training course from 9:15am to 12:15pm taking place at the Institute on the following dates:
- 19 April
- 8 June
- 11 August
- 17 October
If you work for HSC and/or Education and have access, please book via My Learning, if not please email [email protected] to be allocated a space.